i think rock is better tbh

although i probably respect rap more tbh

September 17th, 2013

@BennySwans you a mod now?

Movin' up in the RG game. Respect

September 17th, 2013

Thank you TedMosby, finally someone with balls to answer directly

September 17th, 2013

Wanna know why most of us didn’t answer directly? It’s because comparing two different genres of ANY PERFORMING ART- not only music, is pretty fucking stupid.

September 18th, 2013

Wanna know why most of us didn’t answer directly?

No

September 18th, 2013

Which is better: rap or rom-coms?

September 18th, 2013

OP’s understanding of musical genres 0/10

December 5th, 2013

@ptica Answering directly… in what way does rock have no future… one could easily say the same thing about hip-hop… it wouldn’t be true in either case. If you think rock has no future than you probably don’t get it TBH

December 5th, 2013

@xWHALESHARKx

OP’s understanding of musical genres 0/10

lol :D

I was just trying to start some disscusion on here since the forum is filled with threads with 2-3 posts, pls dont hate me

p.s. @ptica is banned :(

December 5th, 2013

if rap was good pigs would be the dominant species

December 18th, 2013

Rock has got more roots in it. The music and the background are fucking brilliant and you gotta be a true artist to be able to combine all the instruments together to create a masterpiece. But rap… well some just say it’s got better lyrics than rock. Well, that’s where I’m gonna disagree! There are many genres of rock with much deeper meanings. Rap is just complaining and thrashing. That’s why rap came into existence in the first place. Shouting the problems of lower-class society. Yea it’s popular! but when it comes to the credit and to the value, OF-FUCKING-COURSE you should choose rock and roll. I don’t like this new hip-hop rap genre at all. Sure there are some good artists like Kendrick Lamar. But I don’t like to listen to nagging or anything. For example who the fuck is this popular artist Kanye West. Yeah, he’s got great tunes and great beats. But he’s so overrated af. It might be true that most people like this genre. It’s the popular music of the decade. But who am I if I get along with them without respecting my own credo? Who am I to neglect Jimi hendrix, pink floyd, david bowie, radiohead, the beatles, the pixies, Metallica, and all those great bands who perform rock and roll and metal genre (sorry if I forgot to mention all those other stars)and… and… and MUSE (My favorite band of all time). Yeah it’s not very popular like hip hop artists. It’s a simple rock and roll band with great values. All rock bands -generally rock genre- are underrated nowadays. Respect it more guys. But the good thing is the genre is never gonna die. It will grow. But the public interest is gonna affect new talents.

October 30th, 2019

While you could compare these two genres, ultimately they are too different to really do so with any objective conclusion. This is a rather childish question…

November 1st, 2019

“A heavy metal band raps a different way/We like to be different not clichéd”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdr4rWG98

“I know what to do”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

“Foot on the pedal never ever false metal”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

November 16th, 2019 | edited November 16th, 2019